[mythtv-users] problems hearing and recording sound

Martin Moeller martin at martinm-76.dk
Sat Jun 19 09:45:25 EDT 2004

Have you done this:

1) Set recording source in alsamixer (e.g. to line)
2) tried executing 'v4lctl volume mute off' while watching TV

You may or may not need to set a decent volume level for the 'Capture'
slot. Normally the source you are recording from should be muted. If you
use xawtv with, say, line *unmuted* are you still not getting any sound?