[mythtv-users] Zap2It needs our help

Matt White whitem at arts.usask.ca
Sun Jun 20 12:43:38 EDT 2004

Cecil Watson wrote:
> Hello Everyone
>

>> Just so everyone knows, you can also skip using a cron job now, and
>> use Myth's built-in feature, which provides a bit of time
>> randomization. You specify a time-range in between when you want your
>> guide data updated, and it fetches it sometime in that range. I've
>> switched from a cron job to the built-in facility, with a fetch window
>> in mid-afternoon (since most of us are at work at this time).
>

> Using this method, I see mythfilldatabase being ran in the backend log,
> but the database isn't being dumped in the db.  A log being created so I
> see what the problem may lay.  Thoughts?

Make sure that either your PATH when mythbackend is run contains
mythfilldatabase, or else put the full path to it in the setup.  Often,
/usr/local/bin/ isn't in the path at startup...

Matt White                          whitem at arts.usask.ca
Arts and Science Computer Labs      University of Saskatchewan

It sure is Monday... Ain't it a sin
I've gotta work my way thru the week again.
	- Mark Chesnutt..."Sure Is Monday"