[mythtv-users] Question about automated recordings

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Sun Jun 20 20:22:06 EDT 2004

Flo wrote:
> Hi,
> I´ve got a serous problem with incorrect epg-data, which comes from xmltv
> (tv_grab_de_tvtoday):
>
> There are several shows which are "bad" titled for example: "blabla No.
> 23534" in the title instead of "blabla", Subtitle "No 23534". So i cannot
> autorecord every show of "blabla". Did i miss any possibility to record
> shows based on regular expressions? Just like in the "Search-area"? Any
> possibility to record show "blabla%" always on this channel? Atm i have to
> schedule my recordings just like i had to to on my vhsrecorder.

Search record rules are the first new features for 0.16. David
Engel added these in CVS a few weeks ago. In 0.16 you will be
able to go to Schedule Recordings->Search Listings->Title and
enter "blabla" and see a listing of what matches just as in 0.14
and 0.15.1. However, the popup now includes a "Record" button
which adds a record rule that you can set for one showing or
all showings with all the options of any other record rule.
This would show up elsewhere as "blabla (Title Search)".

The wildcards at the beginning and end are implied but you
may include "%" in the phrase also. For example, I recently
used "Running%Bulls (Title Search)" to record one showing of
each episode of all "Running of the Bulls", "Running with the
Bulls" and "2003 Running of the Bulls" (my thanks to Outdoor
Life Network for providing this wonderful example of crappy
listings ;-). In the US, many people may find "Junkyard%Wars"
to be an example of a useful search phrase.

--  bjm