[mythtv-users] Re: Homebrew PVR Multi-Circuit

Robert Kulagowski bob at smalltime.com
Mon Jun 21 16:00:03 EDT 2004

 > I guess I could use the
> parallel port for IR I/O and then use a serial port for the LCD and LEDs
> as an alternative approach.  Does anyone have any other ideas or comments?

Using the parallel port means that you're going to loop out the back of
the machine back inside if you're using an internally mounted display.
I can't think of a motherboard that has internal headers for parallel
like they've got for USB or firewire, so the "pretty factor" is going to
be impacted.  Good thing most people don't see the back of their
machines that often.

Sounds interesting though.