[mythtv-users] DVB / deinterlacing setup

Flemming Frandsen ff at partyticket.net
Mon Jun 21 16:05:14 EDT 2004

Mark wrote:
> Just tried a quick 'stress test' with my setup - 3 nova-t cards, 3 frontends
> (one local, two remote).
> Playing 3 recordings on the frontends and recording 3 programmes with the
> cards was flawless.

Well, that's with harddisks in the backend machine, I was thinking about
putting the disks in another machine, but I guess I could put disks in
that machine anyway, it just means that I'll have to think more about
securing a safe environment for the disks...

> Have you looked at minimyth (http://www.linpvr.org).

Yes, that's exactly what I'm planning to use on the STBs.

> This is what I use for
> my diskless remote frontends with EPIA-M boxes (one has a DVD drive as
> well).

Nice datapoint, thanks.

--
  Regards Flemming Frandsen - http://dion.swamp.dk
  PartyTicket.Net co founder & Yet Another Perl Hacker