[mythtv-users] Re: Homebrew PVR Multi-Circuit

Steven White stevew at s2microsolutions.com
Mon Jun 21 16:20:07 EDT 2004

It looks like there's enough interest in this project, so I'm definitely
going to proceed with it.  Now, I just need choose the interface(s) for
the design....dual serial, single serial, one serial-one parallel, etc.
(see my previous questions in this discussion about LIRC).  It's
probably a good idea to leave one serial port free for other devices.  I
also envisioned this to mount in a 5.25" drive bay, Pete.  You'd need to
use a drive bay cover that came with your case and drill holes for the
IR receiver & LEDs, and cut out the area for the LCD (if used).  All of
these could be mounted remotely on long wires except for the IR
receiver.  It will probably be soldered to the pcb.  If this really
takes off, I could design a 5.25" mounting kit that would slide into the
bay just like a CDROM drive.

Steve