[mythtv-users] Re: Homebrew PVR Multi-Circuit

Steven White stevew at s2microsolutions.com
Tue Jun 22 07:46:04 EDT 2004

I downloaded the source for LCDproc.  In the server/drivers directory, I
see lircin.c and lircin.h.  Would it be possible to have IR I/O with
LCDproc?  The microcontroller could receive IR signals and translate
them to something that LCDproc could deal with.  Can information be sent
to LCDproc that the microcontroller can take as IR transmission data?  I
could easily emulate the Pic-an-LCD functionality, but we'd need to add
IR and keypad support.  Is it possible that a custom driver for LCDproc
could do everything on the PC side in this design?  Would this eliminate
the need for LIRC?
I know that I can do all of this on the hardware side fairly easily,
it's the pc side that I need a little help on.

Steve