[mythtv-users] Re: Mythtv playback quality poll

Brian Stults bstults at crim.ufl.edu
Tue Jun 22 09:02:47 EDT 2004

Karm may wrote:
> System:
> Chaintech ct 7nif2 mother board with AMD Athalon 2400
> PVR-250 and PVR-350
>
> I started to investigate mythTV during the 0.14 stage.
>  I started by using the PVR-350 out.  The picture was
> great!!, BUT the ivtv drivers cause alot of problems.
> So I started to use the motherboard TV-out (nvidia).
> Stable but quality took a big hit.  I am using a
> deinterlace filter to help the picture quality of the
> motherboard tv out.
>
> So has any one used the latest ivtv driver for their
> pvr 350 tv out and are they stable (stable meaning
> your myth box is up and running without any problems)?
>  If so what driver version are you using and was there
> any tweaks that you had to do?

I've been using the PVR-350 for tv-out for about 3 months now.
Currently I'm using ivtv-0.1.10-pre2-ck71d.  The URL is below.  There
seems to be some consensus on the ivtv mailing list that this is the
most stable of the CK patches.  It's been working well for me.  I
haven't restarted for a couple weeks and that was for other reasons.
They are working hard to release a 0.1.10-pre3 driver this week which
should be quite stable.

http://kmos.org/~ckennedy/ivtv/ivtv-0.1.10-pre2-ck7X/ivtv-0.1.10-pre2-ck71d.tgz