[mythtv-users] frontend runs mythfilldatabase?

Matt White whitem at arts.usask.ca
Tue Jun 22 11:55:26 EDT 2004

Chris Petersen wrote:
> I don't use mythfrontend very often.  When I do, it's from my
> workstation so that I can edit out commercials.  After finding out that
> I could set up mythfilldatabase to automatically be run my mythtv, I
> assumed that this meant the BACKEND.  I opened up mythfrontend on my box
> (no backend), configured it to run mythfilldatabase and figured that all
> was well.
>
> Well, on a whim, I popped open the "backend status" in mythweb, and it
> told me that it had been almost 2 weeks since mythfilldatabase had been
> run.  Odd, I thought.  I checked the config, and it is still set to
> run.  However, when I checked the mythfrontend on the backend box, it
> was NOT set to run.
>
> Is there any way to let people know which settings are "universal" and
> which are set for a specific frontend box?  I had just assumed that
> "mythfilldatabase" would be attributed to the backend, since there's
> little need to have every frontend box set up to run it automatically.

It does actually run on the backend.  I think I know what I did - I used
a local setting (host-specific) instead of a global one.  The settings
that the backend look for are the same hostname as the backend.

I'll fix it up and send in a patch...

In the meantime, set it to run on the mythfrontend on the backend box,
and you should be good.

Matt White                          whitem at arts.usask.ca
Arts and Science Computer Labs      University of Saskatchewan