[mythtv-users] OT: Ivtv questions

Dex West dexwest at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 22 12:10:26 EDT 2004

I’ve got several IVTV specific question, which I
haven’t got responses to yet.  I’d REALLY appreciate
any info people can give me here.  I’m trying to
install and configure a pvr250mce to connect to a dish
network satellite box.  I also own a bttv model
capture card which I can get working fine.  I’m
currently trying to install the pvr250 without the
bttv card install to avoid conflicts.  I’ve got
everything basically working I just can’t get the
picture quality to be any where near reasonable on the
pvr250.

1.	Is there any documentation for ivtv_ctrl
(previously test_ctrl)?
2.	With ivtv_Ctrl how do I set the input to Coax,
s-video and composite?
3.	With tv frequencies what is the difference between
us-cable, us-cable-hr, us-bcast?  What should I be
using with my dish network?
4.	What is the module saa7115 for?  Should I use the
saa8178 (some other # compiled with ivtv)?
5.	What is ivtv-fb, and how does it differ from ivtv?
6.	I’ve seen reference to setting different settings
for video0, video1, and video2 when configuring a
pvr350 what are each of these virtual devices
associated with?

My configuration is as follows:
kernel 2.6.6 built from source with 8k stacks disabled
Ivtv 0.1.10 90k or so source
FC2 dist
Pvr250mce