[mythtv-users] Last Ditch Attempt - HD DirecTV and MythTV

mythtv at hundekeandroyal.com mythtv at hundekeandroyal.com
Tue Jun 22 17:34:04 EDT 2004

Dan Morphis wrote:
> mythtv at hundekeandroyal.com wrote:
>
>> Does anyone, *ANYONE*, have a High Definition Set Top Box with
>> DirecTV working with Myth?  Anyone at all?  I've been working on
>> getting MythTV to change channels on my stb, but have failed
>> miserable at every attempt.
>>
> Have you tried an IR blaster?  You'd need an IR receiver to record the
> signal for each button, but its pretty easy.
>
> -dan

Dan,

I've tried to use the Actisys IR-200L along with this guide
(http://members.cox.net/rwraithr/IRBlaster_Howto.txt).  I figured I
could make my own config file (remoted.conf) because my model of stb
(Samsung SIR-TS360) isn't on the LIRC site.  After getting to step 6 in
the howto, I fired up irrecord and the only buttons that irrecord could
catch were 0, 2, 6, the "dash" button and the "audio" button.  That's
it!  I was stuck.

FWIW, I also saw (but can't find now) that the method used in the how-to
above is outdated.  Apparently, if I understood it correctly, you no
longer have to compile two different LIRCs.

Any thoughts are much appreciated!

Geoff