[mythtv-users] Re: VIA KM400 and MythTV

joe buckshin jbuckshin at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 23 10:05:16 EDT 2004

I was able to get smooth video on a KM400 based board
(soyo K7VME) by using the release-20 version of the
unichrome drivers on sourceforge
http://unichrome.sourceforge.net
To use the drivers I had to build xfree86 4.4 from
source but in the end it all worked.  Check out the
release notes for release-20, it mentions xv support
for the KM400.

Joe

>I have a shuttle FX43G motherboard with the VIA KM400
graphics chipset.
>I am having trouble getting mythtv to play video
smoothly. The video is jerky. I am using Fedora core 1
with the standard X11 install. Is there a different
video driver I should use? I have not seen anything on
the web......