[mythtv-users] Re: Homebrew PVR Multi-Circuit

David Huseby david at surreal.com
Wed Jun 23 21:28:10 EDT 2004

-] True, but then the dirvers need to be aware it's two devices
-] in one...

This is true.  What you're talking about is having two logical
"endpoints", one for each device.  There are plenty of USB contollers
that support multiple endpoints.  A new driver would have to be created
that merged the two other drivers so that they worked with the different
endpoints.  I wrote a Linux USB driver in the past (for the Sony
eMarker...a long lost little gadget that never caught on), if you need
help, just let me know.

Also, if you're looking for chips to buy, I highly suggest heading to
this site:

http://www.jelu.se/shop/

They've got pretty much everything you'd need: USB controller chips,
RAM, ATMega uC's, IR receiver diodes, LCD's and cool blue EL backlights,
USB jacks, etc...  They've got reasonable prices too (50 Swedish Krona
== ~$6.50 US).

I also have quite a bit of embedded systems programming so if you need
help coding the firmware for the device just ask.

Dave