[mythtv-users] Web access to MythTV

Robert Rozman rozman at fri.uni-lj.si
Thu Jun 24 09:53:06 EDT 2004

Hi,

I don't know if this will be of any help to you - but there might be some
interesting things for you to consider.

I'm using Misterhouse (great open source home automation program) and there
is certain feature implemented called "audible menus". One can go through
menus (that are spoken via TTS engine through speakers) with only two
buttons. You could quite easily add music to this menus and play according
to user's selectings...

Communication or remote control of Mythtv at this point doesn't exist (as
far as I know - but could be great addition), so there no chance for that.
One would need some sort of interface that would spit menus to speech
production engine to have some sort of  screen text to voice conversion.

If anyone is willing to work on mythtv part, I could help you with
Misterhouse or speech generation part. Otherwise you can still use
Misterhouse and some other media player (maybe even other GUI like Freevo -
where one could more easily add this feature) and audible menus to give you
wife more control of her environment, listen to music, weather, web radio,
RSS feeds - all through sound speakers....

Feel free to contact me off board (if this thread is considered Off
Topic)...

Regards,

Robert.