[mythtv-users] PVR350 sound output

Graham, Douglas J djgrah at solutia.com
Thu Jun 24 12:49:58 EDT 2004

Finally got Myth up and running using Jarod's guide and FC-1. I am having one problem though, I get no sound out of the PVR350's audio outputs. I get the
picture fine.
I know a big part of my problem is the lack of sound card (I'm using an MSI motherboard with dead on-board sound) but will this prevent any audio output
from the 350? I have the audio out linked directly to my stereo. I have not gone through the ALSA section of the guide but I have set /usr/bin/test_ioctl
-v input=3,output=1 and am wondering if changing the output here would help. I have tried setting it to 0 but no joy. Can anybody give me a hint with
this? I get the feeling I'm missing something incredibly simple.... (like buying a new sound card....)
Thanks,
Doug

This electronic mail message is intended exclusively for the individual or entity to which it is addressed.  This message, together with any attachment, may contain Solutia confidential and privileged information.  The recipient is hereby put on notice to treat the information as confidential and privileged and to not disclose or use the information except as authorized by Solutia.  Any unauthorized review, printing, retention, copying, disclosure, distribution, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please immediately contact the sender by reply email and delete all copies of the material from any computer.  Thank you for your cooperation.