[mythtv-users] Control MythTV over network (not Mythweb)

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Thu Jun 24 17:19:37 EDT 2004

On Thursday 24 June 2004 16:59, Ryan Allen wrote:
> Could you use this?
>
> http://www.btinternet.com/~harakan/PalmVNC/
>
> I'm not even sure if VNC works with Myth, but I cannot see why not.

You'd need the x11vnc patches to export a live X display via VNC.  I do
this at home, but it's probably not well-suited for a PDA, as the Myth
GUI really needs 800x600, or at least 640x480.  Bear in mind, also,
that VNC will not allow you to view video remotely (unless you turn off
Xv output, in which case your CPU might get pegged...

-JAC