[mythtv-users] Re:MythWeb (fine, now I want my MythReplay!)

Dudley Atkinson dudley at jdatkinson.net
Thu Jun 24 23:29:51 EDT 2004

You were right, Chris....

I looked into the basic PHP permissions and found the URL file-access
problem that cleared up the status page in MythWeb.  In the meantime, I
goofed up a number of things with the hostname and learned too much about
the MythTV dataabase!

  Now my biggest hurdle is replay in MythTV.  I can record fine, play TV
fine, and replay to the X-display on my TV fine using the TV-out portion of
my video card.

  But on my PVR-350, replay in MythTV just won't work when the output is to
the /dev/video16 port.  I've tried all combo's I can think of for my
X-display being on the TV-out, on the 350, via xdmcp only, you name it, and
when I try to replay what MythTV happily recorded and play it out on
/dev/video16 to see it in it's full decoded glory it fails.

  What happens in all cases is that the video and sound fire up fine and run
clean for about 5 seconds, and then the video stops and the audio goes into
a buzz/click/repeat.

  The common element in all this is the ivtv system.  The weird thing is
that I can record a video with "cat /dev/video0 > file" and then play it
back with "cat file >> /dev/video16" and it will play a long, long file with
no problem.  I can also do the "dd" command and write straight from
/dev/video0 to /dev/video16 with sparkling results.

  So it seems that ivtv isn't flawed, since the basics work great.  But I
need a fresh idea as to why MythTV replay to /dev/video16 locks up?

Any suggestions?

JD