[mythtv-users] Re:MythWeb (fine, now I want my MythReplay!)

Dudley Atkinson dudley at jdatkinson.net
Fri Jun 25 00:18:34 EDT 2004

I have an MSI K7N2GM-L motherboard with an nVidia nforce2 chipset.  The
ivtv_fb loads and works great and gives good picture via the PVR-350 output,
so long as you want to look at the X-display.  As soon as you try to send
the video to the /dev/video16 device to get the benefit of the native
decoder, that is when the video halts after about 5 seconds (first 5 seconds
fine).

I'm thinking it might be some combination of output buffers, LAME, ???  It
isn't related to the native TV-out of the nvidia (yanked that to see) or the
PVR-350/ivtv_fb combination (yanked that too).  Even when I have no local
X-display on the box, and export a display to a remote PC, I still get the
video-out problem when I use the /dev/video16 driver with MythTV.

I'm stuck on the next step, thats for sure.

JD