[mythtv-users] Feature Request

Stephen Tait tait at digitallaw.co.uk
Fri Jun 25 06:41:39 EDT 2004

>Anyways if any developers are reading - I would really really like the
>ability in MythMusic to be able to have it support Music Videos as well as
>mp3s / oggs / etc.

You thieving baskstard! I was just writing a similar thing myself. At the
moment, all my music vids are mirrored under my movies/TV dir (for
MythVideo) and under my music directory, so I can play them back in
MythVideo, btu I agere it'd be wicked if you could just play them through
music (maybe it just calls on mPlayer/Xine a la MythVideo? That wouldn't do
very well for transcoded ones recorded from the TV though...)

>The "visualization" for a music video would be the video itself.
>
>This capability would make the perfect jukebox for parties, etc. Just
>queue up a ton of songs / videos, turn on visualization, and let it go.
>Currently
>I need to use other software to do this but I would really like myth to
>have it as well.

I too am very interested in this feature (and no, much as I'd like to I
can't code it myself until I learn cpp); just out of curiosity, what other
software is it you use? Is is Linux based/co-existing nicely with Myth?