[mythtv-users] Jitter and artifacts

Tim Tait t.tait at comcast.net
Fri Jun 25 10:55:33 EDT 2004

Lonny Selinger wrote:

>I've been searching the archives for a while now and can't seem to
>nail a couple of issues down. When watching live TV every once in a
>while a quick jitter or wierd artifacts of a similar frame flash on
>the screen. Its sparatic and sometimes doesn't happen right away or
>even after a while .. nothing consistent. I read in a post on the
>forums it _may_ be from having the S-Video and Comp inputs running at
>the same time. I'm wondering if anyone has seen this. I would have to
>redo all my channel assignments if this is the case.
>
>Right now I have channels over 60 (99-500) on S-Video, and channels
>under (2-60) going through the tuner.
>
>Another thing I can't seem to get rid of no matter how much I tinker
>with bitrate etc, is the jittery audio and video at the end of a
>program or movie. Its like the blank frame detection goes into
>overdrive when there is a lot of black on the screen even if its laced
>with a bunch of text. I've enabled jitter control (which I'm not even
>sure is related to this). Is this normal or is there a way to get rid
>of it?
>
>I'm running the CVS version of everything.
>
>--
>Lonny

Yes, I am seeing exactly the same thing. I have a PVR 250, a Radeon 8500
in a AU13 mobo with an xp2100+. I recorded Terminator 3 the other night.
The intro/credits is very dark, and the audio cut in and out during the
playback but the rest of the movie was fine.  I also see sporadic
artifacts during live Tv watching. I am new to Myth and still
configuring stuff so had assumed it was my setup, but maybe not.

Too bad some one hijacked this thread for another topic (which became a
flame war) because I have no doubt nobody is still reading this thread...

Tim