[mythtv-users] Problem tuning PVR250

an_other_tester@yahoo.co.uk an_other_tester at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jun 25 14:37:03 EDT 2004

Hi All,

I'm having trouble getting my PVR250 to work with
MythTV. Basically, I've managed to get all of the
software installed, and (I think) up and running, but
when I choose to watch TV, there's just static. After
then having a search around, I found out how to tune
the card, and I entered the information using the
mythfilldatabase --manual command. Then, hoping it
would work, I tried it again, and still just static. I
then went through and tried every channel from 1 - 100
using the Myth front end, and all of them appear to
have static on them - there's no signal on any of
them. Do you guys have any suggestions on what to try
next. I'm not too sure what information to include on
here, but if it helps, I'm in the UK (PAL) and my
modules.conf file looks like this :

path[toplevel]=/lib/modules/`uname -r`/updates
# default path
path[toplevel]=/lib/modules/`uname -r`

alias eth0 sis900
alias char-major-61 lirc_i2c
alias usb-controller usb-ohci
alias usb-controller1 ehci-hcd
# nvidia kernel module
alias char-major-195 nvidia-1.0-4363

alias char-major-116 snd
alias char-major-14 soundcore
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss
alias snd-card-0 snd-intel8x0
alias sound-slot-0 snd-intel8x0

# ivtv modules setup
alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
options ivtv ivtv_debug=1 mpg_buffers=90
options tuner type=20
options msp3400 once=1 simple=1
add below ivtv msp3400 saa7115 tuner

Any suggestions you have will be greatly appreciated
:)

Thanks

Paul