[mythtv-users] MX440/Radeon wars (Was: Hardware ideas)

David Wood obsidian at panix.com
Fri Jun 25 17:30:32 EDT 2004

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004, Jarod Wilson wrote:

> Yeah, this one is highly dependent on the TV-out chip. I remember someone
> saying that this functionality was built into all GF4 and later chips, and it
> didn't sit right. Now I'm quite positive that was incorrect, because I
> remember reading the nvtv docs, which say that nvtv does work with some GF4
> cards with specific TV-out encoder chips.

This is all starting to make more sense.

Jarod, do you mind revealing what specific make and model nvidia cards
you've been using? Any others with nvidia experiences (good or bad) want
to do the same? If nothing else, I (and others) can avoid bad nvidia
cards, but more generally I can try to find out what cards have what TV
encoder chips and draw conclusions about those encoders...