[mythtv-users] MX440/Radeon wars (Was: Hardware ideas)

Clyde Stubbs clyde at htsoft.com
Fri Jun 25 19:34:36 EDT 2004

On Fri, Jun 25, 2004 at 10:25:27AM -0700, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> Its been on my web site for ages now, used by quite a few people:
> http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/XF86Config-SVid.txt

That config, or something very similar, was the first thing I tried,
and my TV simply wouldn't display a picture. Examining the S-Video
output on a scope revealed a 31.5kHz or thereabouts horizontal frame
rate. I tried both NTSC and PAL setups (my TV will do either) with
the same result.

I'll try exactly what you suggest again when I get a chance and
report the results, just in case there was something I overlooked.
In the meantime I'm perfectly happy with the results from the Radeon card.