[mythtv-users] Different transcoding profiles?

Scott Nicholson mythtv at scottnic.com
Sat Jun 26 14:11:03 EDT 2004

Maybe this is a stupid question, but I haven’t been able to figure it out…

Does Myth support multiple transcoding profiles from MPEG-2?

That is, I’d like shows recorded with the “High Quality” profile to
transcode to 640x480 @ 1100 Kbps and shows recorded with the “Default”
profile to transcode to 384x480 @ 600 Kbps.

As far as I can tell, the transcoding is either on or off, and automatically
uses the “From MPEG-2” transcode profile. Can I create another transcode
profile that the “Default” recording profile can use?

---