[mythtv-users] DataDirect & DirecTV Local Channels

Jamison Ables mythlist at alltel.net
Sat Jun 26 22:10:01 EDT 2004

I do this without any problem well almost. This is how it shows up "Name DIRECTV Columbus - Columbus - Satellite" Maybe because they just added it zap2it doesn't have it up dated or something of that nature. Basicly i have no problem downloading the data however if i choose to record a local channel say 893 it will automaticly switch this to channel 4 which will make the receiver record on the channel that its on. It never did this until .15 and now it does do it in .15.1. I don't understand and it is very frustrating. I have though about deleting the lower channels but i would prefer to leave the data. The reason for this is because i have 2 other receivers that aren't hooked up right now but will be in the future that use 4-53 local channels. Is there anyway i can trick the sony.pl script into changing channel 4 in myth but 893 on the receiver?  Also the box has been locking up is there an easy way to restart it say once a day? Its a rca and im using sony.pl with a serial cable. Sorry for going on about this. Jamison>