[mythtv-users] Radeon 7200 and tvout

Jason Parekh jasonparekh at gmail.com
Sun Jun 27 01:05:07 EDT 2004

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 22:16:03 -0600, Jack Burghardt
<jack at colades.dyndns.org> wrote:

> I have radeon 7200 that I want to use with mythtv
> Does any one knows how to enable tvout using avi.2 drivers not vesa.

Hey Jack,

Download the ati.2 CVS branch tv_output (I think), compile that,
install it..  Then, in your XF86Config-4, you will have to set an
option under the radeon driver for TVOutput to NTSC..

One thing to note, the ati.2 drivers don't support having only TV
output (without a monitor attached) as far as I know.  What I did (got
advice from someone on here or their boards, I forgot) is create a
dummy monitor by putting 75ohm resistors from each color line to its
ground and this worked fine.. (on the VGA port, made a little
adaptor)..

Jason