[mythtv-users] I just can't get it working.

David myth at dgreaves.com
Sun Jun 27 07:30:24 EDT 2004

It's here today: try Knoppmyth.
  http://www.mysettopbox.tv/

Download iso, burn CD, insert CD, wait, use MythTV

You do need a dedicated PC though - it doesn't co-exist with any other OS
So you may need to buy a new HD - big deal ;)

David

PS You are right though.
XP is up and running in 5 minutes.

Unfortunately it's also down again 5 minutes later ;)
I used it for a good few days when the card arrived and it was all I had.
If you want to mess about and say 'ooh a tv picture on my screen' then
it's fine.
As a pvr it's useless; the sound sync is terrible; it fails to record
programs; it crashes regularly.
You may want to wait until you're fed up with it and then try Knoppmyth
- it'll make the end result *so* much better!