[mythtv-users] Hardware ideas

Will egroups at klubbing.com
Sun Jun 27 15:33:59 EDT 2004

>> Even the most powerful EPIA board can't
>> handle high res MPEG4 and it's ilk.
>
> Yes it can. Just not all codecs. Using the ivtvdev X driver, I can play
back
> xvid and ffmpeg mpeg4 files just fine using mplayer -vo x11 filename.

I'm curious to see if anyone has used the new 1.2GHz MII epia board for
this? My main holdback for getting an EPIA to do my Myth project on is my
fear of it not handling my Divx movies.

I was also considering an Xbox frontend + backend using a Nova-T USB DVB
card. Anyone tried / considered this? It would certainly make a cheap
Mythbox.

The Hauppauge site doesn't seem to specify any requirement for USB2
(considering the Xbox is USB1). I know the Xbox can handle normal Divx media
as it does so through Xbox Media Player, and I can't imagine Myth's
requirements to be much different.

Will