[mythtv-users] GeForce 4 and MythTv Frontend

Stephen Tait tait at digitallaw.co.uk
Tue Jun 29 13:44:47 EDT 2004

I don't know about GF4's, but my cheap-as-chips GeForceFX MX4000 (cost me
about £40 sterling brand new, and I could have got it much cheaper online)
does all of the MPEG2 decoding - watching, recording and doing live TV all
use practically no CPU. Be warned though that if you turn on the
deinterlacing filter (I'm displaying this on a 19" monitor, hence
interlacing sticks out like a sore thumb) it will use a fair amount of CPU.