[mythtv-users] Via CLE266 (via-slice) HW acceleration problems(segfault)

Kenneth Aafløy lists at kenneth.aafloy.net
Wed Jun 30 09:50:01 EDT 2004

On Wednesday 30 June 2004 14:57, Ivan A. Beveridge wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 01:20:14PM +0200, Steven Cruysberghs wrote:
> > I've set it up using the instructions on epiawiki.org
> > epia kernel and the unichrome driver

I thought you needed a special driver for the via_v4l_drv module, that calls
the proper ioctls (XSERVER_ON/XSERVER_OFF)? Or has this functionality gotten
into the unichrome driver as well now?

I'm using the binary driver that used to be available here on my debian box:
http://www.shipmail.org/~thomas/via/#mozTocId80931

After loading up XFree, does something like this appear in your XFree.log?

VIAScreenInit : V4L Enabled : fd = 6

Kenneth