[mythtv-users] Mythvideo/IMDB script not working [Bump]

Stephen Tait tait at digitallaw.co.uk
Wed Jun 30 11:13:01 EDT 2004

>But..
>I think something went wrong with my cut'n'paste.
>I meant to type:
>
>perl -e'use LWP::Debug qw(+);use LWP::UserAgent;$ua =
>LWP::UserAgent->new;my $req =
>HTTP::Request->new(GET=>"http://www.imdb.com/find?;q=akira");my $res =
>$ua->request($req);print $res->status_line,"\n";'

This gets stranger and stranger. And probably curiouser too.

banquo mythweb # perl -e'use LWP::Debug qw(+);use LWP::UserAgent;$ua =
LWP::UserAgent->new;my $req =
HTTP::Request->new(GET=>"http://www.imdb.com/find?;q=akira");my $res =
$ua->request($req);print $res->status_line,"\n";'
LWP::UserAgent::new: ()
LWP::UserAgent::request: ()
LWP::UserAgent::send_request: GET http://www.imdb.com/find?;q=akira
LWP::UserAgent::_need_proxy: Not proxied
LWP::Protocol::http::request: ()
LWP::UserAgent::request: Simple response: Internal Server Error
500 Can't connect to www.imdb.com:80 (Bad hostname 'www.imdb.com')

So now I can't figure it out; is the hostname failing to resolve (unlikely,
since links2 sees it just fine), or is it an infernal server error? I tried
replacing the search string with the one that gets reported in my browser
address bar (namely http://imdb.com/find?tt=on;nm=on;mx=20;q=akira) and get
the same error. Any guesses as to what's going on? Should I bow down and
pray to Cthulhu?