[mythtv-users] Success At Last!!!

Paul Kidwell tmb at ieee.org
Wed Jun 30 12:50:43 EDT 2004

Most of the posts to this list tend to be requests for assistance and
lamentations of things not working. I thought that the helpful people
out there could use a bit of good news and appreciation, so here it
is...

After about a month of plugging away, I *finally* have my MythTV box up
and running. Realize that the sum total of my Linux experience prior to
this project was installing Mandrake and playing "Breakout". Simple
things like the name of the console text editor were totally unknown to
me. (I'm using VI most of the time now) The sense of accomplishment last
night when I tried to have my PVR-250 and PVR-350 record 2 different
shows at the same time, and it actually working, was incredible!

Special thanks go out to Jarod. Without his guide I never would have
started this project in the first place. (Jarod, you should find a
little something in your envelope from tmb. Have a beer on me :)

Additional thanks to Isaac for doing this in the first place & Axel for
saving us from recompiling so many times.

Also thanks to all those who answered others questions in the past. Once
I knew where the archive was it became my primary source of information
after Jarod's guide.

Now, on to seeing what the WAF is :)

Paul Kidwell
VP of R & D