[mythtv-users] Live TV Pauses

Ivan A. Beveridge ivan at dreamtime.org
Wed Jun 30 17:25:17 EDT 2004

On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 08:09:31PM +0100, David wrote:
> Kevin Stussman wrote:

> >but the part that is driving me crazy is:
> >
> >2. The live video pauses/jitters/slows down approx every 10 to 20
> >seconds. My gut feeling is that either the decoder is somehow not
> >keeping up with the video stream or the process of putting the images
> >onto the TV is somehow too slow.
> >
> sounds likely - sorry - been trying to knock the XFS FUD on the head
> Wouldn't want you wasting a time reformating etc

I just saw some commonality in symptoms and (in this case) filesystem.
It looks like we're also both using ALSA sound, as I'm running kernel
2.6 (where ALSA seems better supported).

> So the captures are good.
>
> I don't think you are using XV properly

Is there any way to (easily) check this (eg output to logs, command, etc)?

I'm pretty sure my captures are fine (low CPU) but when I try to view
them in mythfrontend the CPU loading goes through the roof and it
jitters.

Cheers

Ivan
--