[mythtv-users]EPIA-M was Live TV Pauses

Dan Morphis dan at milkcarton.com
Wed Jun 30 18:07:24 EDT 2004

David wrote:

> Eric Joe wrote:
>
>>> I'd highly _not_ recommend the epia-m.   It's certainly not quiet (40mm
>>> loud
>>> fan on the cpu), and it's extremely slow -- too slow to do anything
>>> interesting on.
>>>

>> Isaac,
>>
>> Thanks for the heads up. I will have to look elswhere then. Do you or
>> anyone on the list have a suggestion for a small form factor
>> solution?(Thats not terribly $$ and fairly quiet)  Not only is my main
>> Myth box big and noisy, I am in the process of trying to come up with a
>> "small as possible" solution for a frontend. I tested running a frontend
>> on my laptop and was very impressed with performance and usabilty.
>>
>> Eric
>>

> m-ATX nvidia and an Antec Minuet.
> Lovely half-height case - quieter even than the Overture.
> I use the AOpen MK79G-1394 (I think the 1394 variant has TV-out and
> t'others don't)
I have the MK79G (its the same as the -1394, except no 1394), and it has
svid out.  No dongle came w/ the board though.  Had to make mine.
Thankfully the install guide for the board had a pinout for the pin
header.  AOpen, after much back and forth crap finally gave me a link to
the dongle.  Its only $6, but I didn't feel like waiting which is why I
built mine.
http://68.127.3.174:1024/FMPro?-db=products.fp5&-format=detail.htm&-lay=cgi&-sortfield=name&-sortorder=descend&category=ACCESSORIES&-max=50&-recid=32958&-token.0=12636898&-find=

--
main(){int j=1234;char t[]=":@abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz.\n",*i=
"iqgbgxmdzlolyb\nu.pax\nlek.n";char *strchr(const char*,int);

Days never finished, massa's got me workin, someday massa set me free...