[mythtv-users] Live TV Pauses

Darryl Okahata darrylo at soco.agilent.com
Wed Jun 30 19:21:50 EDT 2004

Isaac Richards <ijr at po.cwru.edu> wrote:

> I'd highly _not_ recommend the epia-m.   It's certainly not quiet (40mm loud
> fan on the cpu), and it's extremely slow -- too slow to do anything
> interesting on.

     True, but with caveats: noise issues aside, it's usable for TV
recording/watching, if you use a PVR-350.  The fact that it's "low
power" is also nice.  However, that's basically all it's good for.
DVDs, videos, and MP3s don't really play.

[ Yes, MP3s -- the sound hardware on the M10000 (and others?) needs the
  output to be sampled at 48KHz, to avoid nasty buzzing/clicking sounds
  (in knoppmyth, at least), and mythmusic can't apparently do that.  ]

--
	Darryl Okahata
	darrylo at soco.agilent.com