[mythtv-users] Best non-Hauppauge TV-out cards?

jose rubio debian at nc.rr.com
Mon Mar 1 08:22:21 EST 2004

On Sun, 2004-02-29 at 21:18, Malcolm wrote:
> On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 16:52:46 -0500
> "J. Donavan Stanley" <jdonavan at jdonavan.net> wrote:
>
> > Malcolm wrote:
> >
> > >I'm in the same boat here too.  I have a 350 and a 250.  My most
> > >annoyning factor right now is that we cannot go to "watch recordings"
> > >without killing a current in progress recording.  Since we record a lot
> > >of stuff that's almost always.  I have to check if anything's recording
> > >with my laptop and mythweb and if it is we just sit and wait.  That
> > >kinda sucks.
> > >

> > Do you have live preview enabled? (
>
> I used to but I've long since disabled it in attempt to cure the problem.
>
> Malcolm
> ----

Hi Malcom,

I've been following your problems for a while, I have a 250 and a 350
myself and I have never had the problem you describe.

If I were you, before I started buying more hardware I would start from
scratch.  Get Debian unstable and use apt-get to install or get
knoppmyth and see if you can make it work.  Also I would pull the 250
out of the machine and just use the 350.

I know, this will take a couple of hours :-) but I just do not have that
problem.

If you go with debian unstable I'd be more than willing to share
tips/config files with you, that's what I'm running and it's really easy
to install and keep up with upgrades (after all, most of the developers
here are using that setup AFAIK)

good luck.

-jose-