[mythtv-users] New version of windows filters for mythtv

bobnvic at everestkc.net bobnvic at everestkc.net
Mon Mar 1 09:58:45 EST 2004

Torbjörn Jansson wrote:

> Just wanted to tell that I have released a new version of the
> directshowfilters for mythtv (0.5).
>
> Some of the changes:
> * A new filter that reads from mythbackend directly.
> This filter uses two urls to play files, myth://host:port/file.nuv
> (same as
> used internaly by mythtv) and mythlivetv: Channel changing is not
> implemented yet.

I've used the .4 version on my laptop and main computer and saw bad
interlacing.  Is there some way to deinterlace the video?

What are the advantages of reading from the backend as opposed to
either from an SMB share (which seems rather jittery on my system over
11g) or by using the url for each recording from MythWeb (which
provides a smoother playback on my system, although I have to actually
copy the url from mythweb into wmp9)?

Since I'm running the CVS verion of myth, which has a different
mythbackend-mythfrontend protocol than .14, I assume that the filter
that connects to the backend won't work on my system?

Thanks for the hard work and the time to answer my questions!
Bob