[mythtv-users] SUSE 9.0 rpms

Øystein Olsen oystein.olsen at astro.uio.no
Mon Mar 1 13:48:37 EST 2004

I've built a few rpms for SUSE 9.0 and I would appreciate if  somebody would
help me with testing these rpms. There are a few issues regarding these rpms:

 - I had to build a qt-rpm for MythTV since SUSE's version dosn't work with
mythtv.  It installs into /usr/local/lib/qt3, and should not interfere with
anything else. Only MythTV_qt should be necessary. If you want to compile
stuff yourself, you'll need thedevel packages also.

- The spec-files are shamelessly based on the on rpms for fedora
(http://atrpms.physik.fu-berlin.de), but they're stilling missing a few
things. The mythtv package has for instance not been split into to -devel,
-doc, -backend, ... yet. It will happend, but probably not to soon. The same
rebuild-options are available though.
- The files are installed into /usr/local and not into /usr. This might change
later. I decided to put the files into /usr/local since the qt-files ended up
there anyway, and since I wanted the documentation at mythtv.org to still be
applicable.

- I've not attempted to build all the modules yet. These rpms are currently
available:
	MythTV_qt-3.3.0-10.i586.rpm
	MythTV_qt-devel-3.3.0-10.i586.rpm
	MythTV_qt-devel-doc-3.3.0-10.i586.rpm
	mythtv-0.14-8.i586.rpm
	mythdvd-0.14-8.i586.rpm
	mythvideo-0.14-8.i586.rpm
	mythweb-0.14-8.i586.rpm
	mythmusic-0.14-8.i586.rpm
	mythweather-0.14-8.i586.rpm

The rest of the modules will follow when I have time and when/if get them to
work.
- mythsetup has some problems. It's placed in a window and is not shown in
fullscreen (qt-3.3.0, kde 3.2)
- The setup program has been placed in /usr/local/bin and is called mythsetup
- A bootscript for for SUSE has been included. Look at the messages when you
install  mythtv.
- Almost all dependencies are available with apt. This is
my /etc/apt/sources.list:
rpm ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/apt/ SuSE/9.0-i386 suser-rbos
rpm ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/apt/ SuSE/9.0-i386 funktronics
rpm ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/apt/ SuSE/9.0-i386 security
rpm ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/apt/ SuSE/9.0-i386 update
rpm ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/apt/ SuSE/9.0-i386 kde
rpm ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/apt/ SuSE/9.0-i386 packman-i686
#
# Repository created by: aptate (version 0.67)
# At: Wed Feb 25 17:04:14 CET 2004
# More info about aptate at: http://apt4rpm.sourceforge.net
#
rpm      file:/home/oeysteio/apt suse/9.0-i586 base
rpm-src  file:/home/oeysteio/apt suse/9.0-i586 base

The kde entry shouldn't be necessary, and it will install kde 3.2 on SUSE 9.0.
You most likely will need a base entry.  (I copied the SUSE-dvd to harddrive
and created a local apt repository.
http://freevo.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/AptGet )
- When the rpms stabelize, I'll create an apt-repository
- The rpms are here: http://folk.uio.no/oeysteio/RPM_SUSE9.0/MyhTV/

I hope somebody will find them usefull.

--
Øystein Olsen, oystein.olsen at astro.uio.no, http://folk.uio.no/oeysteio