[mythtv-users] New version of windows filters for mythtv

Jason Parekh mythtv at partyinthecity.com
Tue Mar 2 10:32:03 EST 2004

> Just wanted to tell that I have released a new version of the directshow
> filters for mythtv (0.5).
>
> Some of the changes:
> * Transcoded and/or files that have been cut shod work better now.
> * The configuration is moved to a separate program.
> * A new filter that reads from mythbackend directly.
> This filter uses two urls to play files, myth://host:port/file.nuv (same
> as
> used internaly by mythtv) and mythlivetv: Channel changing is not
> implemented yet.
> * mpeg2 nuv files no longer needs to be renamed to .mpg work properly.
> * One of my test recordings containd weird timestamps at the beginning,
> this
> caused audio to not work at all until seeking atleast once. Timestamp
> handling is improved and this shoud not be a problem any more.
>
> And some other bugfixes and improvments.
>
> You can get it from the download page at:
> http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/dsmyth

Hello,

I installed the setup wizard file on the page (full installation) and set
the MySQL page up along with the file types page (left the defaults except
checked the box at the bottom) but my explorer doesn't seem to have linked
myth://... and mythlivetv://... with your filter.. Is there anyway I can
do this manually?  I tried installing on two different XP boxes (Home and
Pro) but neither worked (Even after reboot)..

Thanks
Jason