[mythtv-users] RF interf. gen. computer -- offtopic

Andrew Dodd atd7 at cornell.edu
Tue Mar 2 11:18:51 EST 2004

Quoting Tony Maro <tony at maro.net>:

> Now if I could just get rid of the interference generated by my 27" TV.
>   If things aren't _just_ right, my LIRC serial remote picks up enough
> interference to scramble the signal.  Well, actually, what it does is
> feeds random numbers constantly to the port even with no IR present.  If
> I turn the TV off it goes away, and the amount of white in the screen
> affects the amount of interference.  If I set the remote sensor just
> right the problem goes away.  And no amount of ferrite core helped the
> problem, I tried.
What happens if you cover the IR sensor?

Do you still have spurious signals being detected?

It sounds like it might be a case of your IR sensor being too sensitive and the
TV is triggering it, not with EM interference, but with light output.

Do you have an IR filter over the sensor?  (You know, one of those deep-red
chunks of plastic usually seen over IR receiver windows?)