[mythtv-users] Hardware Question

papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Tue Mar 2 11:27:44 EST 2004

> The best non-PVR350 quality encountered so far has been a specific type of
> VGA-to-NTSC (or PAL) converter that only does signal conversion but not timing
> conversion, developed by Cory (Papenfuss?  That's his email userid...).  Thiss
> requires a video card that can output NTSC/PAL timings - Problematic currently
> with NVidia cards due to the fact that the drivers don't support interlaced
> modes at the moment.  "Coming Soon" according to NV though.

	Well, tweaked a bit from a couple of other people's designs and the
datasheet spec.  Until NVidia gets the interlaced out, it still seems like the
best bet is either ATI or a newer Matrox card.  I think that some nvidia cards
are incapable of interlaced modes, even driver issues aside.  Still, with the
appropriate setup, it works like a champ.  Now, to just make a mythtv theme
that is interlaced-friendly (no single-pixel horizontal lines, etc)....

-Cory

* The prime directive of Linux:  					*
* 	- learn what you don't know, 					*
* 	- teach what you do.						*