[mythtv-users] ATI newb questions

Josh jishywa at wi.rr.com
Tue Mar 2 11:32:36 EST 2004

I'm using the ATI official drivers with my 9200SE (they were like $40 at
newegg). I finally got TV out by running fglrxconfig and selecting Yes for
TV out, setting Clone Mode, and when it asks you whats connected for primary
and secondary, its option 11 (TV out is primary, autodetect is secondary).
If you choose any other option you'll end up with a blank screen on TV and
movie or TV or whatever on the monitor connection. I tried experimenting
with the dual head options but none of them support Xv overlay.

On a side note, I think the card I got has a PAL bios on it because when the
computer boots up with a TV connected, its all black and white and flickers
like mad. Once X starts with the ATI driver, it goes to NTSC like it should
(probably why the card was so cheap).

Good luck,
Josh