[mythtv-users] Wierd stuff with listings (DirecTV guide)

Carl mythtv at carldunham.com
Tue Mar 2 13:53:07 EST 2004

This is a totally unverified answer, but I pulled the ppv.pl scripts from cron
because *I think* they were causing problems. It seemed that they were
pulling program data from longer date ranges than xmltv was, sometimes
leaving holes in the regular channel listings (mythfilldatabase thought it
had to start later than it really should have).

Like I said, I didn't really test this theory, just ripped out ppv.pl and
haven't had "No Data" problems since. Might have been coincidence, but I'm OK
with that...

On Tuesday March 2 2004 09:41, gabe at mustbethemoney.com wrote:
> Hey all, had a wierd problem with my guide listings.  Obviously this
> weekend, most US folks probably got hit with the website for listings
> being down.  I had a wierd thing happen to me post-that though.
>
> There was no data for any of my channels last night.  I was unable to
> schedule anything, and my scheduled recordings did not occur.  Not a big
> deal...but my PPV listings did appear (using the ppv.pl 1 && ppv.pl 2
> command).
>
> Now today, the exact opposite is true.  All the listings except for PPV
> are there.  If I have to choose, I will take this situation over
> yesterdays, but I would prefer all listings available.
>
> Does anyone else using the DirecTV scripts have this problem?  If so, any
> work-arounds?

Howard Dean for America
http://www.DeanForAmerica.com