[mythtv-users] Need to turn up the volume to 100% to watch TV

gkanis at cems.umn.edu gkanis at cems.umn.edu
Tue Mar 2 15:23:33 EST 2004

Hi,

Since, I bought the tv-card and I started using TvTime and MythTV, I observed
that in order to watch TV I need to turn up the volume, almost 100%. If
instead I use mplayer/xine to watch a recorded movie, then I can set the
volume to about 40% and that will be enough.
Does anybody know why? Is this a common situation or do I need to configure
something?
BTW, line in is muted and is also chosen as the recording line and I am using
Alsa drivers, 2.6.3 kernel and KDE 3.1.5

Thank you,
Vasilis