[mythtv-users] Feature suggestion: Set record from URL

Adrian Townsend arbiterxero at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 2 16:25:40 EST 2004

the accounts can come later but I like the links idea

What about having a separate small program that could
be installed on machines OTHER than the mythbox

so if say I'm browsing a website with my workstation
it can send the info to my backend when I click a link
of a show I want to watch?

I say thumbs up . .

A0
--- Ben Brown <mythtv at handcoder.com> wrote:
> I like this idea.  People could turn on the feature
> and once a day  myth
> would submit what they are recording to a global
> database.  Then we
> could sort in all the standard ways (most popular,
> least popular,  most
> popular by genre,  location etc. )
>
> Even set it up so  users could  have a user account.
>  You could track an
> individuals recording preferences and make
> suggestions based on  their
> myth setup.  Then you could say "people  who
> recorded XYZ also recorded
> ABC, DEF, GHI, etc."
>
> Ben
>
> Tony Maro wrote:
>
> > The thread on "What do you watch" got me to
> thinking...
> >
> > What about integrating a feature through the myth
> web browser that you
> > can select a link on a site to trigger a recording
> setup.  It would
> > automatically set a show to record at any time on
> any channel.
> >
> > With a feature like this, users of Myth could
> publish pages of what
> > hot shows they watch and you could just click the
> link to set a
> > "record on any channel at any time" for that show
> name.
> >
> > We've seen people ask for some of the Tivo like
> force-feed options
> > (why?) and this would kind of solve that need as
> well.  For instance,
> > you go to my site and I could have a page that
> says "if you like
> > Stargate SG-1, try the following shows:" and then
> list similar sci-fi
> > content as a custom URL link.
> >
> > Of course this means a URL handler would need to
> be registered.
> > Something like:

mythtv://Stargate%20SG-1/once/Window&20Of&20Opportunity