[mythtv-users] PVR-350 survey - what works and what doesn't?

John F. DeLuca johnfdeluca at comcast.net
Wed Mar 3 06:21:46 EST 2004

I have:
PVR-250 (ivtv 0.1.9)
PVR-350 (ivtv 0.1.9)
Epox 8KHA+ Mobo
AMD Athlon 1800 XP+ CPU
Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 Plus 200GB IDE HDD
1.5GB Muskin DDR PC2100 RAM
Riva TNT Video Card
Streamzap USB IR Receiver (patched lirc from cvs)

Linux Fedora Core 1
Consolidated Fornt/Back End running Myth .14 atrpms
dma on

I do have preview of recordings turned on so I see the preview window when browsing
"watch recordings"

Problem encountered:
The only real problem I have is occasionally a recording will stop recording mid-way.
All other scheduled recordings after that fail to record.  The backend is up as the
watch recordings list is populated. This has happened twice so far on Monday's when
back to back episodes of Stargate is being recorded.  I haven't been able to retrace all
my steps so I can't remember if I started watching it before it completed or not.

To correct the problem:
Stop the backend service and restart.  Scheduled recordings then kickoff recording
again.

Hope that helps.