[mythtv-users] Feature suggestion: Set record from URL

zaphod at comcast.net zaphod at comcast.net
Wed Mar 3 10:01:45 EST 2004

Ben -

I think your right, this should be fairly easy to handle on a database.  I see it being an add-on module to Mythweb to begin with.  I've been thinking about setting up a database on one of my web hosts for this very idea.

I was leaning toward using a non-expiring cookie to identify returning users, you would expire non-returning user entires from the database after some period of time.  Now that I am writing this it has its own set of issues . . .

Wasn't sure how to handle a global user base, it may not matter as the shows watched will naturally sort them into different demographics I think.

Eventually it would be nice to integrate a nightly upload to the database into myth's cronjob, this will generate a larger, more accurate database to score from.

-Eric