[mythtv-users] System Capacity: 3 PVR-250/M179 capture cards in one box?

zaphod at comcast.net zaphod at comcast.net
Wed Mar 3 10:09:21 EST 2004

Chris -

Sounds like a nice set-up.  Another point to watch out for is that to have them all in one box all three PVR/M179 cards must have the same tuner type.  The ivtv driver doesn't currently support multiple tuner types in the same computer.

My backend currently has a Tuner Type #2 PVR-250 and OEM Freestyle (also #2), I have a third PVR-250 card with a type 8 tuner that has to be used in a remote system if I want to use it.  Hopefully all your cards will match!

Best of luck,
Eric