[mythtv-users] Myth Viewing Habits Databasae

zaphod at comcast.net zaphod at comcast.net
Wed Mar 3 12:40:56 EST 2004

Ben,

Agree with you that eventually this should be completely integrated into Myth so that I can access the information it provides me with my remote.  There is a lot more to that than PHP and database development.  I think the underlying framework can be worked out successfully and a more flexible PHP/web environment.  Once the foundation is in place someone can help integrate it into Myth GUI system.

When you say "from my actual myth box", remember that many people have no keyboard, no mouse.  My master backend doesn't even have a monitor of any type.   Preferably the script should run from your master backend (or mysql server if separate) without human interaction.

Client Side:
1) Output Title list to file:
mysql> select distinct title from . . .
2)  Upload file to centralized database, this looks promising: http://itooktheredpill.dyndns.org/wput/
3)  Still need a way to identify uploads . . . .
4)  Download requested info

Server side:
1) Check anonymous FTP directory for submissions (cron)
2) Error check, parse, add to database (or update old submission)
3) Provide requested info

Oversimplified, yes, but should demonstrate solid proof of concept before integration with MythFrontEnd.

-Eric