[mythtv-users] New version of windows filters for mythtv

Torbjörn Jansson torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se
Wed Mar 3 13:48:13 EST 2004

>> If it's a nupplevideo file, a few different things coud have
>> happened.
>>
>> If mythbackend crashes before it has finished recording, no
>> seektable will be written to the file. If that's the case, then the
>> nuv spliter filter will try to rebuild the seektable by reading the
>> whole file, but if it is using the network filter that reads from
>> mythbackend it will not try to scan the file because that woud cause
>> preformance problems.
>
> Mythbackend didn't crash during any of the recordings I tried (in fact
> I rarely have a problem with the backend outside of ivtv issues).
> Could it have been because of the transcoding?  I can't try it now
> because I'm running myth cvs and I don't have the necessary apps to
> compile your cvs ds filters.  Could you make a binary available?  I'd
> love to try it.

I woud like to take a look at one of those files that seeking isn't working
with, so don't suppose you coud make a 1 minute test recording that have
those problems and somehow send it to me?

If the file is an mpeg4 nuv file and you are not using the network filter
and can't seek, then something must be going wrong.